The Vidya Vistar Scheme is based on the principle of mutual respect, cooperation and sharing between two Colleges/Departments of both the universities as equal partners.
VIDYA VISTAR SCHEME
India’s dream to be a global superpower in the coming decades depends primarily on enhancing the skills of its human resources to meet global demands and increasing innovations and start- ups to fuel the economy. The roles that the universities, colleges and other educational institutions have to play is crucial in this context. Alone, each University/institution will require investment of considerable amount of its resources for these activities. However, being a developing country, it would be in the best interest to maximise the utilization of existing resources available with the Universities/ academic institutions by sharing the same, through academic collaboration and cooperation amongst them, for augmenting the human resources.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHEME
Making available to the partner College or Department of fellow University -
- Expertise, knowledge and experience of the faculty members
- Resources in the library
- Other academic facilities
COOPERATION FOR CAPACITY BUILDING OF FACULTY
Augmenting the capacity of faculty members is one of the primary steps for enhancing academic capital of an educational institution. Faculty members of partner College/Department shall be provided professional trainings and exposures to enhance their capabilities through online as well as offline endeavours.
FACILITIES FOR CAPACITY BUILDING OF FACULTY
- Institute of Life Long Learning (ILLL) organizes various training programmes for teachers and staff such as Workshop on MOOC, use of ICT, Capacity building for various Disciplines, etc.
- Centre for Professional Development in Higher Education (CPDHE) organizes Orientation Programmes, Refresher Courses, Workshops and Short Term Courses
- Departments also organize Faculty Development Programme (FDP), specific to their discipline. For instance, FDP on 'Teaching Law for Social Justice' was conducted by Faculty of Law in March 2019.
- Colleges such as, SGTB Khalsa College, Ramanujan College, & Hansraj College have been operating Teaching Learning Centres (TLC) under the aegis of the Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya National Mission on Teachers and
Teaching, MHRD. The Centres aim at facilitating teaching learning process to the teachers across the country, especially those located in the remote areas of the country.
ONLINE TEACHING LEARNING
Opportunity to share with the students of each others' institutions the academic expertise and intellectually stimulating lectures/talks/seminars/workshops/conferen- ces/webinars.
In this way, the partner institutions will be able to share the best of the academic resources with each other, leading to intellectual growth of students of both the institutions.
VIDYA VISTAR PARTNERSHIP
- Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences is the first College of the University which has entered into partnership with Government College, Bomdila, West Kameng District, Arunachal Pradesh under the Vidya Vistar Scheme
- Vivekananda College, University of Delhi is partnering with Government Model College, Deithor, Assam under the V2 Scheme.
- Hans Raj College, University of Delhi is partnering with -
- Government Post-Graduate College, Akhand Chandi Palace, Chamba, Himachal Pradesh
- Government College YAchuli, Arunachal PRadesh
- Government College Drass, Ladakh
- The Department of Adult Continuing Education & Extension of the University of Delhi is partnering with the Department of Lifelong Learning & Extension, Gandhigram Rural Institute, Gandhigram, Dindigul district, Tamil Nadu under the Vidya Vistar Scheme.
- Shivaji College is partnering with Himalayan Degree College, Rajouri, Jammu & Kashmir under the V2 Scheme.
- Shivaji College is partnering with Nar Bahadur Bhandari Degree College, Tadong, Gangtok under the V2 Scheme.
- Aditi Mahavidyalaya is partnering with Government College, Anjad, Barwani District, Madhya Pradesh under the V2 Scheme.
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies is partnering with Government College, Bharmour, Himachal Pradesh under the V2 Scheme.
- PGDAV (Eve) College is partnering with Government College Sheo, Barmer Rajasthan under the V2 Scheme.
- Gargi College is partnering with Government Model Degree College, Zanskar, Ladakh under the V2 Scheme.
- Kamla Nehru College is partnering with Jawaharlal Nehru Rajkeeya Mahavidyalay (JNRM), Port Blair, Andaman under the V2 Scheme.
- Ramanujan College is partnering with Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Imphal, Manipur and Kalimpong College, University of North Bengal.