Inauguration of Hall of Fame: Pride and Pearls of Faculty of Arts & WE: A Multidisciplinary and Multilingual Peer-Reviewed Research Journal
On 31st March 2021, the Faculty of Arts, which was shifted to this historic building in 1948 while celebrating its 68 years of glorious, academic and research journey and service to the nation has created a Hall of Fame, Faculty of Arts and also launched a new research journal titled “WE: A Multidisciplinary and Multilingual Peer Reviewed Research Journal”.
The Hall of Fame and Research Journal were inaugurated and dedicated to the nation by Prof. PC Joshi, the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, and Dr. Vikas Gupta, Hon’ble Registrar, University of Delhi, in the august presence of Prof. SA Karim, Dean, Faculty of Arts, Former Deans, Heads, Professors, Principals, and eminent academicians from the University.
A monograph entitled “The Hall of Fame: Pride and Pearls of Faculty of Arts” authored by Prof. KP Singh was also released by the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, which is a collection of the distinguished academicians, academic administrators, scholars, teachers, philosophers, library scientists, authors, writers, and pioneers in their respective fields under the aegis of Faculty of Arts. To commemorate their outstanding contributions the various academic and learned bodies including the Government of India has honoured these luminaries by conferring Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri, Jnanpith, Sahitya Akademi and Tagore National Fellow Awards.
A Hall of Fame with their life and works of the followings outstanding scholars has also been created and dedicated to the nation.
- Padma Shri Prof. SR Ranganathan from Library science in 1957
- Padma Shri Prof. BS Kesavan from Library Science in 1960.
- Padma Shri Prof. S. Bashiruddin from Library Science in 1976.
- Padma Bhushan Prof. Nagendra from Hindi in 1983.
- Padma Bhushan Prof. Gopi Chand Narang from Urdu in 1990.
- Padma Shri Prof. Syed Amir Hasan Abidi from Persian in 1992.
- Padma Bhushan Prof. Satya Vrat Shastri from Sanskrit in 1999.
- Padma Shri Prof. PN Kaula from Library and Information Science in 2004.
- Padma Bhushan Prof. Mrinal Miri from Philosophy in 2005.
- Padma Shri Prof. SK Saxena from Philosophy in 2008.
- Padma Shri Prof. Rehana Khatoon from Persian in 2014.
- Sahitya Akademi Awardee Prof. Harbhajan Singh from Punjabi in 1969.
- First National Tagore Fellow Prof. PB Mangla from Library and Information Science in 2010.
- Assam Ratna Awardee Prof. Indira Goswami from MIL in 2012.
- Dr. Sahib Singh Verma, an outstanding Parliamentarian, Ex-Chief Minister, Delhi & Distinguished Alumni of Department of Library and Information Science.
The program was coordinated by Prof. KP Singh, Department of Library and Information Science, Coordinator, Cultural and Academic Affairs, Faculty of Arts, University of Delhi. Two publications authored by Prof. KP Singh titled Hall of Fame: Pride and Pearls of Faculty of Arts and A Bibliography on Punjabi Books was also released. Prof. Kumud Sharma, Department of Hindi proposed the formal vote of thanks.