P.G.D.A.V. College (Evening) was started in the year 1958 as a constituent College of the University of Delhi. The College is housed in its own building, situated in a prime location at Nehru Nagar, Ring Road, New Delhi – 110065. It ensures easy connectivity from all parts of Delhi.
The College is a co-educational institution. It has a brilliant and dedicated teaching faculty and experienced office staff. It has a rich computerized library, fully equipped computer laboratories, a furnished air-conditioned Seminar Hall and one of the best playgrounds in the University.
Members of the institution believe in the selfless and dedicated services in the society. Motto of the D.A.V. institution is “Service before Self”. The first such person was Mahatma Hans Raj, who single-handedly took over the entire responsibility of D.A.V. Schools and Colleges in Lahore.
The P.G.D.A.V. College (Day) & P.G.D.A.V. College (Eve.) were started on 1957 & 1958 respectively. Initially, the main objective of the P.G.D.A.V. College (Evening) was to impart education in higher studies to employed students but currently the college admits students of all categories as per University norms. The college is run by the D.A.V. Managing Committee, New Delhi through 12 representatives nominated to the Governing Body of the college. Dr. G.L. Datta was the founder Principal of the college and Dr. Bhai Mahavir was the Vice-Principal in-charge of the Evening Classes at the time of its inception. The college derives its inspiration from the Vedas, the oldest source of knowledge in the world. We start every new Academic Session with Yajna.